This page celebrates the organisations, companies, startups, institutions that are working to create a better sustainable world. This space honours these changemakers of Sustainability.
Healthfab was founded in 2020 with the mission to provide affordable solutions for a healthy and sustainable human life. The company’s flagship product is GoPadFree™, India’s first standalone reusable period panty, that aims to bring comfort to women and create a more plastic-free society.
For the love of Yoga
With Fast fashion flushing our minds, our bodies are forgetting the feel of natural fabric (on our skin). So we want to lead the change by making India’s first Nature born, 100% biodegradable activewear.
Reducing Water Pollution
Project Palaash aims to utilize the Floral Waste that is offered in temples, or dumped in water bodies, and create organic dyes which are purely non-synthetic in nature.
These organic dyes are used on fabrics which creates employment opportunities for destitute community members.
Upcycled Paper Pens
Project Syahi is an initiative by students of Enactus – Kirori Mal College, Delhi that seeks to introduce a sustainable alternative to plastic pens. They create pen out of upcycled paper with seeds attached at the rear end.
The Eco Social Tribe
reCharkha upcycles waste plastic bags and wrappers using a traditional Charkha and Handloom into beautiful products like bags, mats, potlis, jholas, cutlery kits, storage basket.
Bombus beewraps are the perfect reusable alternative to single-use plastic food wrap and zip-lock bags. The food wraps are made using 100% organic pure cotton, beeswax, jojoba oil, and pine resins.
Organic Bed Sheets & Towels
Amouve uses cotton that is non-GMO and grown without pesticides. The cotton is long staple and the dyeing process is completely free from synthetic and artificial dyes and additives. It makes the cotton bed sheets long lasting and extremely soft to touch. No wonder their best seller cotton bed sheets are a steal!
Sneakers from Plastic Waste
Thaely makes shoes using fabric derived entirely from waste plastic bags.Each pair uses a total of 15 plastic bags and 22 bottles. All components including the glue are 100% Vegan. Packaging box is made from Seep paper, once you get your box simply cut & plant it.
Esscent by Arpan
Incense Sticks, Cones & Candles
Esscent by Arpan is a social entrepreneurship venture by the students of Connecting Dreams Foundation- SRCC Chapter to up-cycle dried flower waste into premium flower-based incense products, like sticks, cones, and candles.
Sustainable Terracotta Pottery
Rivaayat is a social initiative by the students of Shri Ram College of Commerce. Read how, students & professional designers come together to save this art-form & make the artisans sustainable.
Sustainable Alternative Products
Ksamah aims to inspire people to purchase aspirational Eco-friendly alternatives to live a more healthy and natural lifestyle, also, give the earth a chance it deserves.
Sirohi is a sustainable luxury brand that advocates a slow and simple lifestyle based on values of Indian heritage and culture. Each product from Sirohi has a story to tell with an aim to bring the beauty of the outdoors, indoors.
Plant based Chemical Free Products
Amayra Naturals is beauty brand from Uttarakhand, founded by Deepa Chahal. The brand envisions to provide a holistic & conscious plant based approach to skincare.
Something Sustainable (SOS) is an organic clothing brand, dyed with natural and eco friendly elements, based out of Mumbai, India. Their mission is to create a better future by minimizing the use of natural resources.
Cruelty Free Vegan Handbags
Founded in 2020, Artella is a PETA approved, Indian non-leather, eco-conscious, plant-based, Vegan Accessories brand.
The NOM Company
Flavoured edible straws made from wheat flour, rice flour, sugar, vegetable refined oil and 15+ ingredients. Flavours include vanilla, butterscotch, mint, chocolate and lemon-citrus.
Fashion Accessories made from Cork
Launched in January 2019, Foret is a PETA Approved Vegan Sustainable Fashion brand. The label works with artisans in India to create accessories from recycled cork.
Biodegradable Sanitary Pads
Noraa Sanitary pad is an environmentally responsible product that biodegrades completely in 6 months.
Sustainable Bamboo Products
Bamboo India is a pune based startup, with primary aim to replace plastic products with innovative Bamboo Products like Bamboo Toothbrush, Bamboo Earbuds, corporate Gift articles & many more.
100% Tree Free Paper
BlueCat Paper focusses on creating tree free, handmade, recycled and, up cycled paper and paper products.
Ecoware produces plates, cups, bowls, trays, cutlery and other products – all of which are made from plant biomass, and all of which are 100 per cent biodegradable.
Natural Hair Skin Products
Satliva offers range of luxury hemp bath, body and hair care products, made freshly to provide the right nutrition for your skin and hair, that moisturises, nourishes, rejuvenates and heal within and beyond.
Certified Natural Beauty Products
SoulTree Indian Beauty brand that offers certified-natural personal care and beauty products.
Little Farm Co
The Little Farm products have no preservatives and additives, are sun-dried, handcrafted, traditional taste, made from our own farms in Madhya Pradesh
Authentic Kolhapuri Chappals
Korakari makes authentic handcrafted leather kolhapuri chappals that are both comfortable & durable.
Incense Sticks recycled from Flower Waste
HelpUsGreen preserves the Ganges River by collecting the floral waste from temples and mosques that is dumped in the river and flower-cycling (upcycling) it into patented fertilizer and incense sticks, branded as Phool.
Artisan Products from North-East
Empower is a brand of Impulse Social Enterprises. The enterprise aims to provide sustainable livelihoods for tribes in Northeast India, neighbouring states.
Sustainable Changemakers: Complete Archive
- Amayra Naturals – Skincare Products from Uttarakhand
- Amouve: Organic Cotton Bed Sheets & Bath Towels
- Artella: Luxury vegan and cruelty free Bags
- Bamboo India: Replacing plastic with Timber
- Bluecat Paper: 100% Tree-Free Sustainable Paper Products Company in India
- Bombus beeswax wraps
- Core Asana
- Ecoware Eco-friendly Biodegradable Tableware
- Empower – Impulse Social Enterprises
- Esscent by Arpan | Premium flower-based Incense Sticks and Cones
- Foret – Fashion Accessories made from CORK
- HealthFab – GoPadFree
- Heroes of Sustainability
- Introducing Luxe-Sustainable Living with Sirohi
- Korakari: Authentic Kolhapuri Leather Chappals
- Ksamah – Sustainable Alternative Products
- Laado by Reckon Care
- NOM Company Edible Straws: Lemon, Vanila
- Noraa: Biodegradable Sanitary Pads
- Phool by Help Us Green | Incense Sticks from flower Waste
- reCharkha: Upcycling Plastic Wrappers into Beautiful Bags & Mats
- Reducing Water Pollution: Project Palaash by Enactus Aryabhatta
- Rivaayat: Making Terracotta Pottery Sustainable
- Satliva: Natural Hair Skin Products
- SOS: Collections made from Reclaimed Organic Cotton
- Soul Tree: Certified Natural Beauty Products
- Syahi Pens made out of Upcycled Paper
- Thaely Shoes: 22 Years Old Makes Shoes from Plastic Waste
- The Little Farm Co: Preservative Free Pickles
- The Plated Project | Good ideas deserve to be found
Sustainable Changemakers: Articles & News items on Startups
- 12 Sustainable Fashion Brands of India in 2024
- Skinimalism brands to watch out for in 2024
- 9 Sustainable Feminine Hygiene Startups of India
- Project Mehr: Enactus Hansraj students upcycle floral waste into Potpourri
- Vegan beauty brand Plum sets up ‘Plum Shelters’ under its initiative #Empties4Good
- Agritech Start-up Kisanserv empowering farmers and helping companies build scalable business with technology & innovation
- Katapult Mauritius Accelerator Program Invites Regenerative Food and Agri-Tech startups
- Startups transforming rural livelihoods through technological innovations in 2021
- The Crimson Project: Enactus SVC Students breaking Menstrual Stereotype
- 8 Aspiring Waste Management Companies in India to look forward to in 2022
- Alia Bhatt Invests in Phool Co | Incense & Vegan Flower Leather D2C Brand
- Hesa empowers 11 Lakh Rural Households in India
- Meet the two brothers on a mission to provide quality earth-friendly products
- Frontier Markets, Hesa and 1Bridge form Rural Access Coalition for Covid-19 Resilience
- 5 Emerging Startups from the Indian Hinterland
Sustainable Changemakers: Transforming the society | Sustainable Changemakers: Transforming the society | Sustainable Changemakers: Transforming the society | Sustainable Changemakers: Transforming the society